Thank you for taking an interest in Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety (WAFS)! We welcome this opportunity for you to browse through the website in an effort to obtain information about our statewide organization. In case this window is framed, our main site address is: www.wafs.org.
As reported in 2009, 3,100 lives were lost in the U.S. due to home fires. Thousands of others are injured as a result of fires or accidental burns. Most of these deaths involve children and elderly adults.
Each year, children from across the state are admitted into hospital emergency rooms for fire, chemical and scalding burns along with other related fire and burn injuries.
The WAFS, a 501©3 organization with more than 19 years experience, has notable years of success as a non-profit. Our clear mission is "to promote, encourage and foster fire safety, burn prevention and public fire safety education. We support burn survivors of all ages in addition to sponsorship of the Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth." We fully expect to continue our efforts in fire prevention and in helping burn survivors enjoy their deserved quality of life with continued support from donors.
Our Programs include:
- "Newspapers in Education" - a curriculum of study geared toward elementary students in Wisconsin (also for Hispanic and Hmong)
- Sponsorship of the annual "Summer Camp for Burn Injured Youth"
- Sponsorship of adult burn survivors to World Burn Congress
- Fundraising efforts to support Wisconsin Burn Centers
- Promotion of Fire Safety Legislation for statewide building and fire codes
- Continued coordination of educational trailers throughout Wisconsin
- Continued coordination of the dissemination of a fire safety children's book for all daycares and preschools in Wisconsin
- Sponsorship of the annual "Winter Leadership Program" for young adult burn survivors
Please donate to WAFS, an organization with a proven track record of helping burn survivors and educating the public in fire prevention and burn safety measures.
PLEASE CONSIDER BEING A MEMBER OF THE ALLIANCE! FOR MORE INFORMATION, PHONE OR EMAIL KATHY MEULEMANS AT: 800-315-0911 or email@example.com
Our work has just begun! There is still so much to accomplish!
Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety